Re: kde Window Manager

> > > i am wanting to start kde as my default x-windows manager
> > >
> > > i am going to edit my ~/.xinitrc with the following
> > >
> > > exec <windowmanager>  currently set to wmaker
> > >
> > > what do i specify for KDE?????
> > >
> > kwm
> >
> That's a wrong answer.
that's NOT a wrong answer! the question was about the windowmanager, not
the whole environment. you could theoretically use kwm with gnome-fm (or
however it is called).
of course, it would be more sensible to specify "kde" as the
windowmanager or paste the contents of /usr/bin/kde to .xinitrc, but as
the question was fuzzy, every fuzzy answer to that topic is right ;-)

Linux - the last service pack you'll ever need.