Re: printer

I use printtool, it comes with RedHat, is simple to use, and there is a
deb package available.  Run 'dselect' as root and press '/' (no
quotes:-) and type 'printtool' as your searching criteria.  You also
should install a package 'mpage', you can search for and install it the
same way you searched and installed printtool.  Install the packages and
then run 'printtool' as root in X.  You should be able to get it from
there...there are various filters that you can select, just find one
that best matches your environment.

There are other ways to configure a printer, but printtool works for me.

Good Luck

Dave Heistand
Systems Analyst
Boston University