Re: Promise Ultra 66

It really sucks, basically.  I found out that I had to track down the manufacturer of my large hard drive, get the specs from them, and then pass them on to cfdisk/fdisk and ignore the warnings that those programs gave me.  I also remember that one of them sinply would not work (fdisk, I think), so I had to use cfdisk and specify the CHS specs.  But then it worked great!  I was installing SuSE at the time, which has cfdisk in the install ramdisk.  Beware of strangeness - some drives have multiple CHS specs, as they respond to different 'virtual' setting.

-Percival