help with ppp--> Linux-eth0-> windoze home network

Hello fellow Dusers,
I am (and have been) trying to get my home machines running with the
following configuration. So Far I have had little success.

I have Debian Box (Potato) configured with ppp (Love it!)
My wife has a winblows box (Hate it!)
Both have ethernet cards and are cabled to each other.
Want to have dynamic ppp go up on Lin box when Win box asks
for internet access. I think I also want some sort of IP masq. so that
Both boxes can use the net at the same time. Also want to print serve
for the win box (probably with samba) from the Lin box. It would be nice
to remote mount drive from lin box on win box but not necessary.

So far I can't even get the win box to ping my linux box. I have read
HOWTO's for Ethernet, NET-3, Networking, ... Have tried routing and
ifconfig to no avail.

Kernel Sees the ethernet card, Winbox sees the ethernet card, so I think
the hardware part is OK. This seems like a fairly common thing to do but
I have been getting nowhere. Is there a [mini-|]HOWTO somewhere on this
that I missed? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. TIA
--
Frisco Rose             "By any other name, I would smell the same"
E.O.U. Student          rosef@eou.edu (541) 962-2987

Science Journal Ed.     scijou@scijou.eou.edu
EOU Hoke Center 307     (541) 962-3787
La Grande, OR. 97850