Fetchmail, sendmail... let's do a thread about mail!

I got a few question concerning, you've probably guessed it already: mail!
I've created a user email, every once in a while this user should use
fetchmail to empty some mailboxes (somewhere on a distant server) and then
use procmail to take it into some mailfolders. The mail should reach the
right user... HOW?? (If there's a better way please tell me.....)
I also got this little sendmail problem it won't send to other computers
then those on the LAN, some dns things. I told sendmail to use dns and I don't have a smarthost,
what else could it be?

Ron