Re: Dial In problems, HELP!

On Fri, Mar 10, 2000 at 07:15:49PM -0800, Brian Lavender wrote
> I am trying to create a dial in connection where I can dial into my
> computer using dialup networking on win 95 and create a ppp connection. I
> installed mgetty and ppp. I am able to dial into my machine and it
> will automatically answer, but it will not authenticate the user with
> PAP. I check the syslog and messages and they both indicate a login
> failure. Below the log output are my configurations. What is wrong with
> my configuration?
>
> brian

[snip]

Most likely (and assuming that the password you're using is correct),
the problem is in your /etc/pap-secrets file.

Depending on the actual version of pppd you're using, it should contain
an entry like
*      mammoth   ""      *

or perhaps
*      mammoth   ""

If you want to make the entry specific to your client, replace
the first * with the client's account name.

John P.
--
huiac@camtech.net.au
john@huiac.apana.org.au