Apt message "Segmentation faulty Tree... 50%"

Today, when doing "apt-get upgrade" on my "Potato" machine, apt-get exited
with the following messages:

Reading Package Lists... Done
Segmentation faulty Tree... 50%

The first I have seen before, but the second I have not.  All aplications that
I use regularly seem to be working properly, and I have not noticed any new or
unusual behavior (aside from the disturbing message)

Is this something for me to worry about?

What must I do in order to make it go away?

Need I only be patient as bugs are fixed?

Thank you in advance for any advice, help, sugestions or disparaging remarks
you may offer.

-ptw