Re: vi wrap=?

Quoth Patrick,

> Doesn't work in mutt though.  I guess that mutt is still using nvi so
> better read man mutt on how to change this.

You should be able to find an example .vimrc in:

-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         1812 Sep 15  1998 /usr/share/doc/vim/examples/mail

Which you can whack in you ~/.vimrc file. This will set the line width
for mails only. It also does other cool stuff like colours the signature
and quoted elements. You can also use `gq' to nicely break up long
quoted lines (just like I did with your message).

Just make sure you turn on syntax highlighting in the /etc/vimrc to get
the full effect.

cheers,

damon

BTW, it's /usr/doc/vim/examples if you're using slink...

--
Damon Muller (dm-sig6@empire.net.au) /  It's not a sense of humor.
* Criminologist                     /  It's a sense of irony

- Running Debian GNU/Linux: Doing my bit for World Domination (tm) -