Re: Setuid scripts with Apache?

> I'd like to run without suexec, if possible, since I have absolutely no
> need for it..  How would one arrange that with the debian Apache
> install?

you have to explicitly enable suexec for each virtual domain you host.  if
you have a directive in your config called "user" and/or "group" then you
are running under suexec.

to turn off suexec for that virtual remove the user and group directives
from your config.

to disable suexec completely remove the suid bit from the suexec binary and
restart apache (eg. chmod 0755 /usr/lib/apache/suexec).

adam.