Re: Setuid scripts with Apache?

Thus spake Ted Cabeen (secabeen@pobox.com):

> I have a perl CGI that calls a suidperl script that broke in the update to
> slink.  What is suppoed to happen is the CGI gets the data from the web page,
> rigorously checks it for safeness and then system()'s a root suidperl script
> to do the work.  It used to work under potato, but now under slink, I get the
> following error in my error.log: Can't do setuid

You could use suexec to run the script in a safe (locked) account and then use
sudo to run the script as root.

That way you do not need to suid the script, or give www-data sudo privs.

--
 oneiros (oneiros@darkspire.net) 1024D/62C2F77D           94143243451512659321
 url: http://www.darkspire.net/  EBB8 AF14 8C43 2F12 7623 05187239048682851291