Configuring Pine for multiple ISPs

I just added a second ISP to my resources, and I can seem to manage
everything but smtp for pine. In the pine configuration there is a slot to
put the smtp server, but I can only use the server provided by the ISP
that I am logged into at the time, as neither one allows relays. I can
reconfigure every time, but that's pretty obnoxious.

I set up my ppp connection with a script called "et" that takes commands
of the form "et phone <peer>" (naturally my normal peer is "home" ;-)
This script also moves the proper resolv.conf file into /etc/resolv.con so
that the proper search path and name servers are used for each connection.
What I would like to do is let this script set some kind of system
variable that Pine would recognize as the smtp server name. Can anyone
tell me how to get pine to recognize such a variable, or some other
possible technique?

Thanks,

Dwarf