Re: Where to specify fonts for which apps?

On Wed, Mar 08, 2000 at 10:27:02AM -0600, Kent West wrote:
> I find it to be odd also. I suspect that the default bland font
> (whatever it is and wherever it's specified) is somehow broken, and is
> using the cursive font instead.
>
> There's nothing in any Xdefaults or Xresources files (global or user)
> that seem to have any bearing. I have done some more investigating;
> here's a snippet from my XF86Config file:
>
>     FontPath   "unix/:7101"
>     FontPath   "unix/:7100"
>     FontPath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/"
>     FontPath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/:unscaled"
>     FontPath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/"
>
> If I comment out the "unix/:7101" line, the problem goes away (of
> course, so do my TT fonts).
>
> Thanks, Eric, for the response; anyone else have any ideas?

Ahh, Try putting the xfs server first. I think the order does matter. I
vaguely recall something about being able to assign priorities to fonts
of the same name (i.e. Adobe Courier vs. Bitstream Courier).
Unfortunately, I can't remember where I saw it, or how to change it.
Maybe someone else can refresh our collective memories?

| Eric G. Miller                        egm2@jps.net |
| GnuPG public key: http://www.jps.net/egm2/gpg.asc  |