Re: colors change. help

On Tue, Mar 07, 2000 at 08:44:25PM -0800, Steve Winston wrote:
> I need help with a color problem.
> In slink, when I try to use any graphics program, the overall
> colors of desktop change. In xpaint or Moonlight Creator, gray areas
> turn to green or turquoise blue when I move the mouse from the
> menu to the drawing areas. Also, when I try to use AbiWord, I get
> a similar result: Colors changed all over the desktop to hot greens
> blues, pinks and reds. Any ideas anyone?
> This is an AMD k6-2 400 mmx, 128mb RAM.
> Thanks in advance, steve

Sounds like you're running out of colors, probably because you're
running X with a bpp depth of 8. Though that can happen with higher
bpps.  Sounds like you've got a new machine, so you ought to be able to
do 32 bpp unless you're video card isn't well supported. Check your
/etc/X11/XF86Config for the "DefaultColorDepth" line.

| Eric G. Miller                        egm2@jps.net |
| GnuPG public key: http://www.jps.net/egm2/gpg.asc  |