Re: HOW DO I Apply debian patch to original source?

> I am having problems installing the wu-ftpd package from source.
>
> The whole reason I am grabbing the source is that I want to use a more
> recent version of wu-ftpd than what is available with the slink binary
> packages. If I can build the package from the source files to give me
> a slink compatible package, it is all the better.
>
> I update my /etc/apt/sources.list with
> http://http.us.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
>
> and then I did a
> # apt-get update
> $ apt-get source wu-ftpd
>
> and it retrieved the 2.6.0 wu-ftpd. It looks as if it applied the patch for
> me. I got an erro with the "debian/rules" binary though
>
> $ cd wu-ftpd-2.6.0
> $ debian/rules binary
> dh_testdir
> make: dh_testdir: Command not found
> make: *** [build-stamp] Error 127
>
> Do you know what this error indicates?

You do not have dh_testdir which is in the debhelper package.
[04:35:30 /tmp]$ man dh_testdir

DH_TESTDIR(1)           Debhelper Commands          DH_TESTDIR(1)

NAME
       dh_testdir - test directory before building debian package

SYNOPSIS
       dh_testdir [debhelper options] [file ...]

DESCRIPTION
       dh_testdir tries to make sure that you are in the  correct
       directory  when  building  a debian package. It makes sure
       that the file debian/control exists, as well as any  other
       files you specify. If not, it exits with an error.

OPTIONS
       [debhelper options]
              See  debhelper(1)  for  a list of options common to
              all debhelper commands.

       file ...
              Test for the existence of these files.