Re: Framebuffer console with a G400

In light of all this talk, I decided to give my g400 frame buffer
another shot.  I Recompiled my kernel, with support for the g100/g200
framebuffer devices.  I added the lines below to my lilo.conf

append="video=matrox:vesa:280"

That worked.  I got a very nice frame buffer console.  However, once I
started X, and ctrl-alt'ed to another termianl, the video is all
garbled, like its refresh isn't syncing or something.  How do you fix
that?

-Aaron Solochek
 leko@cmu.edu