exim and spam relay

This story begins on an ancient R3000 based SGI Indigo running IRIX 5.3.
Due to my own negligence, this machine had open mail relaying.  One night
recently a spammer discovered this machine and used it to send spam.
The following morning, I had a few e-mails addressed to me kindly pointing
out my oversight.  I immediately removed the machine from the network
until the relaying and other problems were fixed.

Shortly after this incident, this machine was retired and replaced with
a PC running Debian.  It is currently running Debian 2.1r5 with exim 2.05-2.
This was a planned transition that was unrelated to the mail relaying.
Since the name and IP address remained the same as the old machine, the
Debian machine inherited the history as a known spam relayer.  Today it
remains on at least one list of insecure mailservers - The MAPS Relay
Spam Stopper (RSS) <http://maps.vix.com/rss/>.

Below is a portion of the relay test log for this machine which indicates
why it is still blacklisted.  Note that I have changed my machine name
and IP address to protect the guilty - that would be me.

Assume:
   my true IP address:  192.1.1.1
   my true machine name:  badhost.corp.com

***** BEGIN relay test log *****

Sun Mar  5 04:44:58 PST 2000

Connecting to 192.1.1.1 ...
<<< 220 badhost.corp.com ESMTP Exim 2.05 #1 Sun, 5 Mar 2000 07:45:09 -0500
>>> HELO maps1.pa.vix.com
<<< 250 badhost.corp.com Hello dante.mail-abuse.org [204.152.184.35]

several unsuccessful relay attempts deleted

>>> RSET
<<< 250 Reset OK
<<< 250 <spamtest@[192.1.1.1]> is syntactically correct
>>> RCPT TO:<"user2@mac.radparker.com"@[192.1.1.1]>
<<< 250 <"user2@mac.radparker.com"@[192.1.1.1]> is syntactically correct
>>> DATA
<<< 354 Enter message, ending with "." on a line by itself
>>> (message body)
<<< 250 OK id=12RaPH-0003Zq-00
/var/local/maps/rss/bin/rly: relay accepted - final response code 250

***** END relay test log *****

This log ends with a response code indicating that a relay attempt
succeeded, but the exim log shows that although the message was initially
accepted, it was not delivered.

***** BEGIN /var/log/exim/mainlog *****

2000-03-05 07:45:12 12RaPH-0003Zq-00 <= spamtest@[192.1.1.1] H=dante.mail-abuse.org (maps1.pa.vix.com) [204.152.184.35] P=smtp S=982
id=rlytest-952260303-6454@maps1.pa.vix.com
2000-03-05 07:45:12 12RaPH-0003Zq-00 ** "rss-result2@mac.radparker.com"@[192.1.1.1]: unknown local-part "rss-result2@mac.radparker.com" in domain "[192.1.1.1]"
2000-03-05 07:45:12 12RaPI-0003Zs-00 <= <> R=12RaPH-0003Zq-00 U=mail P=local S=1848
2000-03-05 07:45:12 12RaPH-0003Zq-00 Error message sent to spamtest@[192.1.1.1]
2000-03-05 07:45:12 12RaPH-0003Zq-00 Completed
2000-03-05 07:45:12 12RaPI-0003Zs-00 ** spamtest@[192.1.1.1]: unknown local-part "spamtest" in domain "[192.1.1.1]"
2000-03-05 07:45:12 12RaPI-0003Zs-00 Frozen (delivery error message)

***** END /var/log/exim/mainlog *****

Is there a way to configure exim to return a 5xx response code to this
form of relay attempt instead of returning a 250 then later rejecting it?

Any assistance you can give to help me shed my image as a friend to
spammers would be appreciated.

John