Re: Kernel panic - init not found. Please help !!

On Sun, Mar 05, 2000 at 08:52:53AM -0800, Mahesh Padmanabhan wrote:
> Hello All,

<snip>

> The 2.2.14 kernel starts ok but right after :
>
> Freeing unused kernel memory : 36k freed
>
> it says:
>
> Kernel panic. init not found. Pass init= option to the
> kernel.

<snip>

> #
> # General setup
> #

<snip>

> # CONFIG_BINFMT_ELF is not set
> CONFIG_BINFMT_MISC=y

I would turn on CONFIG_BINFMT_ELF.  I know the docs say that if you
have CONFIG_BINFMT_MISC set, you don't need CONFIG_BINFMT_ELF, but
I recently got exactly the same result from switching to
CONFIG_BINFMT_MISC.  I am also using a 2.2.14 kernel.

Hope that helps.

--
Regards,
Paul