Re: best place to put ipchains settings?

On Mon, Mar 06, 2000 at 04:45:59PM -0500, John G. Norman wrote:
> I've been examining the files in the various /etc/rc* directories on
> debian, and I'm not sure where I should put my ipchains commands.
>
> What's the best place?

I don't know where the best place is. It depends on the way you configure your
system. Some will prefer to keep it in something like /etc/firewall-rules.
Personally I keep it directly under /etc/init.d as a sysV-script. From there I
can always add symbolic links to the relevant runlevels.

--
M.v.h.
Sven Esbjerg