TTF problems

Hi people,

I have installed xfstt on my system, and it works great, but I still
have a problem with it: I can't display characters like the ' in Joe's
correctly (they look like Joe?s on the screen). I have heard that's a
encoding problem, so I put on my /etc/init.d/xfstt:

ARGS="--port $portno $daemon --user $newuser --encoding
iso8859-1,windows-1252"

I have the newest version of xfstt (1.1.6).

Also, do you have any tips on getting TrueType fonts to work with
StarOffice / WordPerfect 8? I could convert my TTF fonts to Type1 (.pfb)
and then display (most of) them on the screen with StarOffice, but it
refuses to print something I write with them.

Please redirect answers to my e-mail (I am not subscribed to the list).

Thank you very much,

--
Carlos Laviola.