Re: samba

"Timothy C. Phan" wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I did a grep usera /etc/samba/smbpasswd and the usera
>   is in this file.  However, this smbpasswd file has the
>   0700 permission, is this the problem?

Probably not, it needs to have this permission. Who is the owner of the file.

>   The usera also try to change the samba password using
>    smbpasswd and here is the error message:

> ------------
> read_socket_with_timeout: timeout read. read error = Connection reset by
> peer.
> machine 127.0.0.1 rejected the session setup. Error was : code 0.
> Failed to change password for usera

This sounds like you've got a problem with /etc/hosts.allow. You're connecting to the
service and then it's dropping you. Make sure that /etc/hosts.allow is set to allow you to
connect to the netbios-ssn service.

--
Jens B. Jorgensen
jens.jorgensen@tallan.com