Re: samba

You need to add your user on the potato box to the smbpasswd file if it isn't there.
As root, say:

grep <myusername> /etc/samba/smbpasswd

If your user isn't in there, then run:

smbpasswd -a <myusername>

If it is in there you can just run as yourself, the user whose home directory you wish
to access:

smbpasswd

The reason you have to give your password again is that like unix and Lan Manager
(Windows Networking, whatever you want to call it) use different hashing algorithms
for passwords.

--
Jens B. Jorgensen
jens.jorgensen@tallan.com