Re: Kernel 2.2.14 and Xserver

The old kernel was 2.2.12. I am currently using
potato.
When I go back to the old kernel I am still having the
same problems.  I can fix all of the path statements
by hand, but the xserver problem makes no sense since
the files seem to be in place. The xserver starts but
with no window-manager.  It is set to run icewm.
Maybe my permissions got screwed up.

Tim Ryder
Developer
FreeRide.com

--- David Wright <d.wright@open.ac.uk> wrote:
> Quoting Tim Ryder (jawse@yahoo.com):
> > I updated my kernel to 2.2.14 and it blew out my
> path statements.
>
> Colourful expression but I have no idea what you
> mean. Sorry.
> It might be helpful to know whether you use slink or
> potato
> and what the previous kernel version was.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Email:  d.wright@open.ac.uk   Tel: +44 1908 653 739
> Fax: +44 1908 655 151
> Snail:  David Wright, Earth Science Dept., Milton
> Keynes, England, MK7 6AA
> Disclaimer:   These addresses are only for reaching
> me, and do not signify
> official stationery. Views expressed here are either
> my own or plagiarised.

=====
Tim Ryder
jawse@yahoo.com