Re: 2.1 kernel troubles

> I upgraded my kernel from 2.0.36 to 2.1.

Don't do that.  Linux kernels are numbered so that if the second
digit is even (like 0 or 2) it's a "production" kernel meant for
actual work.  If it's an odd number (like 1) it's meant for testing
only.

So you upgraded from a functional even-minor-version kernel to a
testing-only odd-minor-version kernel.  Not only that, but it's an
*obsolete* testing kernel, since current testing is in the 2.3
versions.

Try upgrading to version 2.2.x.
--
Carl Fink		carlf@dm.net
I-Con's Science and Technology Guest of Honor in 2000 will be Geoffrey