Re: front page extension for apache

> ok, started w/ the file fp40.linux.tar.gz from www.rtr.com since it is a
> .gz (gzipped) i did gzip -d fp40.linux.tar.gz, well that took off the
> .gz extension right? now i have fp40.linux.tar as my file name.

now you need to untar it.  you can untar a file with a command like this:

# tar xvf fp40.linux.tar

you could have done both steps as one step (before you gunzip'd it) like
this:

# tar zxvf fp40.linux.tar.gz

> i think i need to use fp_install.sh to install it right? where do i get
> fp_install.sh from, and am i going in the right direction?

the fp_install.sh script is *INSIDE* the tar ball.  you use it to install
the actual programs where you need them to work with your apache setup.

again, i don't mean to be rude, but if you are a unix newbie (and you
certainly seem to be one) this is not a good first project, and it just gets
harder and weirder the deeper into it you go.

adam.