Re: Upgrading libc6 from slink to potato (no network!)

Paul.Moore@uk.origin-it.com (Moore, Paul) wrote:
>Aargh. In order to run dhcpcd on 2.2.14, I need the version from
>unstable (frozen, I guess). But that depends on the unstable version
>of libc6, which depends on the unstable version of debianutils, which
>depends on the unstable version of libc6....
>
>If I force an install of debianutils, the libc6 install fails on the
>preinit script, with no indication of why.

libc6 has just been fixed. From the changelog:

  * Pre-Depends were a bad idea
    - quit using readlink.
    - removed pre-depends on debianutils.

When 2.1.3-5 hits your nearest mirror, do the download.

--
Colin Watson                                           [cjw44@cam.ac.uk]