Re: Kitchen sink and Linux? Who is GNU?!!

> Redhat is a totally different quality however (kitchen sink quality does
> apply for redhat).

    I am frustrated that you have ignored my main point. The point is
it is unlinuxy to use such comments and  alas, you are using such
comments as well!. . Distributions doesn't grow
at the expense of each other but by doing bug fixes for others!
Although Caldera may be overwhelmed by the fact that their own failure to
promote DR DOS as the best DOS 'distribution' in the past was
inflicted by unfair competition from Microsoft and so are doing the
same marketing strategy to other competitors

Well kitchen sink quality does apply for RedHat in a way.
 Just have a look at their home page. It does look like stacks of utensils
placed at
the kitchen sink   I wonder how they are going to  promote 150$
Web server products with  such a terrible looking web site..
In contrast Caldera's web page is a charm and that is exactly
how that I read so deep and found about the ugly remarks.

By the way RedHat 6.2 beta announce contains some controversial
comment as well. Naming the release as Piglet, from the Winnie the
Pooh , the announcement says 'This bad boy eats lizards and
spits out kernel patches' and incidenltly caldera's installation program
is named Lizard (for Linux Wizard).

    Sure we should ignore these kind of ugly things. But I fear
that these things may grow into something uncontrollable that
Linus Torvalds may be forced to review the License.

    Debian is the one and only distribution that identify its product
properly as GNU/Linux System. How useful it would be with
out the lot of work done by GNU people/ The first Linux system
itself was compiled bt GNU cc(gcc). It is a shame that other
distributions are ignoring this.

Previ, a Linux newbie in India.and not yet a debaian user.