Wanted: 'Piecewise' Debian Compact

Dear debian user,

    I am a Linux newbie in India where the only viable method of
obtaining Linux is throgh cheap CDs that computer magazines
give along with their mag. I don't know why but so far they
haven't gone for any thing beyond RedHat with most of them
concentrating on Windows flavoured ones like lnx4win and WinLinux.

So hardcore distributions like Debian is not at all available thanks
to  very good ppp connections provided by the state owned
ISP monopoly.

        Right now I have RedHat 6.0, Red Hat 6.1 and Linux Mandrake 6.0
installations on my hard disk and I very much like to try something like
Debian.

        I think I can do this with help from you. I hope Debian does have
a minimum X less distribution and have split it to pieces of 1.44 MB sizes
so people can attempt  a  floppy installation. If one of you can email me
a piece daily, wthin a month I and my friends will have a Debian on our
systems.

    Slackware does have such a thing in the name splitslack which is
25 pieces of 1.44MB each. But so far I could only download 4 of
them thanks to frequent connection droppings by the ISP. But
if it is by e-mail then what I download is at the local server and not in
U.S.A and so I can get much faster data rates Also  I can get to the
mail account on a different tel no which is much quieter than
the TCP/IP one.

    Hoping that you will consider this request sympathetically.

Faithfully

Previ