sound card woes :(

    Hello all,

I'm new to this list. I installed debian after I lost my original hard drive to
power fault.  The original box was built by my brother and sound card worked
great.

I used the CD's to install and then upgraded kernal to 2.2.14. During the
proccess, my sound card didn't get noticed or installed.

on Boot up, cmos reports my sound blaster 16 card:
card # 1, Device # 0, DMA 3,1, IRQ 10, Device name=audio

What do I need to do to make my sound card work?

Thanks and 73

--

Jaye:-}

M.J. Inabnit, KE6SLS     e-mail      ke6sls@snowcrest.net
44.4.48.6 telnet/chat                ke6sls@hotmail.com
707-442-6579 h/m                     707-441-7096 p
http://www.qsl.net/ke6sls            ICQ# 12741145
This mail composed with kmail on kde on X on linux warped by debian
    If it's stupid, but works, it ain't stupid.