Re: WindowMaker menus are all gone!

On Fri, Feb 25, 2000 at 12:54:25PM -0500, Jonathan Markevich wrote:
> I installed potato's windowmaker last night, and it worked fine until I
> stepped through the configuration boxes.  When it got to the menu one, it
> complained that all of the applications were wrong, or something like
> that... so it promptly deleted the menus.
>
> I have purged and reinstalled it a few times and can't get the menus back!
> How do I do so???  Thanks.

I had the same problem a couple of times.  What I found to work
was:
1) Drop to a shell, exiting X completely
2) Run update-menus as root
3) Run update-menus as your regular user
4) Restart X and your menus should be back

There is probably a much better way to do this, but this was all
I could figure out to do and it seemed to work for me.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD           |  "Where do you want to go today?"
ICQ# 12934898                 |  "As far from Redmond as possible!"