Re: HELP: debian IMAP client with non-kerberos encrypting authentication?

On Fri, Feb 25, 2000 at 04:05:31PM -0500, Brendan Cully wrote:
> On Friday, 25 February 2000 at 21:41, Wojciech Zabolotny wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I'm looking for IMAP server/client, allowing for safe authentication (no plain
> > text password transfer).
> > The imap/fetchmail set requires installation of the whole kerberos suite,
> > which is very big trouble... :-(.
>
> fetchmail/uw-imap/cyrus all support CRAM-MD5, as do current mutt
> versions. It's like APOP, and may suit your needs. Otherwise, you may
> wish to consider tunneling over ssh or stunnel.

Thanks,
Versions available in slink don't seem to support CRAM-MD5 :-(.
Should I download the sources from potato and recompile them?
--
			Greetings
			Wojciech Zabolotny

http://www.gnupg.org  Gnu Privacy Guard - protect your mail & data