Re: WindowMaker menus are all gone!

On Fri, Feb 25, 2000 at 04:29:27PM -0500, Mike Werner wrote:

> I had the same problem a couple of times.  What I found to work
> was:
> 1) Drop to a shell, exiting X completely
> 2) Run update-menus as root
> 3) Run update-menus as your regular user

Note that this step will mean that you have to run update-menus as your
user every time new packages are installed, the automatic mechanism
won't work for that user anymore.

The normal configuration refers to global files that are updated when
the package postinst runs update-menus (as root). Running update-menus
as the user creates these files in the user's directory, so the global
ones aren't used anymore.

--
  finger for GPG public key.