Re: sound card woes :(

Jaye Inabnit ke6sls wrote:

>     Hello all,
>
> I'm new to this list. I installed debian after I lost my original hard drive to
> power fault.  The original box was built by my brother and sound card worked
> great.
>
> I used the CD's to install and then upgraded kernal to 2.2.14. During the
> proccess, my sound card didn't get noticed or installed.
>
> on Boot up, cmos reports my sound blaster 16 card:
> card # 1, Device # 0, DMA 3,1, IRQ 10, Device name=audio

Is this really info reported by the CMOS, or by the Linux boot sequence?

When you upgraded your kernel, did you download a binary image or
compile your own? If you compiled your own, did you enable sound card
support, particularly for your sb16? If so, did you do so as modules or
built-in? If as modules, did you also do a "make modules" and "make
modules_install"?. What does "lsmod" report?