Re: sendmail (or exim) help, please

I'm not sure if this is what the original poster wanted, but...

Is is possible to masquerade a single email address in the same way the
IP-Masq masquerades a single internet connection? By this I mean, to
have a debian box receive emails via a single address, and be able to
distribute each one to the intended recipient on the internal LAN.

There are dodgy ways you could do this, of course... like have the
sender put the login name of the recipient in the subject somewhere,
which exim/sendmail would rewrite the mail header with... but that's too
much to expect the sender to do. You could also try writing some 'smart
filter' which would try to identify the recipent from the contents of
the email (most personal letters would probably start with 'Name,' or
similar... but then of course there are problems with nicknames, non
personal letters etc...). What I'm looking for is a better solution.

Matthew