Re: xterm and backspace

try doin a CTRL-BACKSPACE.  it depends what terminal emulation you got
going.  been a long time since i've used a stock 'xterm' on linux.  i use
gnome-terminal or kvt.

nate

On Thu, 24 Feb 2000 jello@waste.org wrote:

jello >Hi. For quite a long while now, the backspace key in an xterm (running
jello >emacs or something) produces ^H rather than an actual backspace event. I
jello >was browsing the mail archives of -user and -devel, and I have the
jello >impression that this is in line with Debian keyboard policy. If that's so,
jello >and backspace works ok in rxvt, should a bug be filed against the xterm
jello >package? Short of that, can someone clue me in on how to get it to
jello >work? It's really driving me crazy. Thanks.
jello >
jello >Please CC me, as I'm not subscribed to debian-user, thanks.
jello >
jello >--
jello >Education is a system of imposed ignorance. -Noam Chomsky
jello >
jello >
jello >--
jello >Unsubscribe?  mail -s unsubscribe debian-user-request@lists.debian.org < /dev/null