Re: Wordperfect segmentation fault

    > I have never been able to get WP or Adobe Acrobat reader to
    > work under Debian (neither Slink, nor Potato), they both
    > just segfault, I thought it was just a debian peculiarity,
    > possibly to do with libc5 which I understand is slightly
    > modified in debian packaged, but if you have had it working
    > then I guess something really wierd must be going on with
    > my system because I havn't noticed any other problems.

I found that acroread, wordperfect and rvplayer segfaulted on my
slink system when I was using the XFCom_Rage128 xserver
(installed from the RPMs with alien).  The source of the
segfaults was that I'd added the regframe library to
/etc/ld.so.preloads.

If this is what is causing your problem, I know of two ways to
resolve this problem:

A fix that works for slink is to arrange for the preload to be
seen only by the xserver.  This can be done by removing the entry
in /etc/ld.so.preloads and adding a LD_PRELOAD line to your
/etc/init.d/xdm script.  See /usr/doc/regframe/copyright for
details.

For potato, you can remove the alien packages and use the Debian
XFree86 3.3.6 packages, including the xserver-rage128 package.

Mike