Re: Wordperfect segmentation fault

On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, James Sleeman wrote:

> ---Reply to mail from Johann Spies about Wordperfect segmentation fault
> > I use Wordperfect from time to time and suddenly today I get a
> > segmentation fault every time try it.  I worked a few days ago.
> >
> > I have during the past weeks upgraded some packages on my slink system to
> > potato.  How can I find out what is causing the problem?  Maybe one of the
> > new packages has removed something Wordperfect was looking for?
> >
> > The last new package I installed was wine.  Could that break Wordperfect?
> >

> I have never been able to get WP or Adobe Acrobat reader to work under
> Debian (neither Slink, nor Potato), they both just segfault, I thought it
> was just a debian peculiarity, possibly to do with libc5 which I
> understand is slightly modified in debian packaged, but if you have had it
> working then I guess something really wierd must be going on with my system because I
> havn't noticed any other problems.

No I did not have that kind of problems.  Up to a few days ago I could run
WP without a problem and I still use Acoread 4 from potato without a
problem.

I really hope somebody can help me here.

Johann.

--
Johann Spies,Windsorlaan 19, Pietermaritzburg, 3201, South Africa
Tel/Faks 033-346-1310 Sel/Cell 082-255-2388