Re: devices compatible list

    Allan> On 2000-02-22 20:24:10, Bret Rice wrote:
    >> Would appreciate a direct to a list of devices which are
    >> conmpatible with Debian.  My particular interest at the moment
    >> is 3Com 509 vs 905 cards.

    Allan> Got two 905 in my box and haven't noticed any problem.  In
    Allan> the past, I think the Intel EtherExpress Pro were favored
    Allan> though.  Might be worth exploring.

Is EtherExpress Pro any better then EtherExpress? EtherExpress support
seems unreliable (despite the help comment in Linux source) at best
and often spews out warnings (2.2.x), IIRC about unexpected
interrupts. I asked about this on the linux-kernel mailing list and
was told problems were expected.

Still, I have to admit it seems to work OK, but I don't particularly
trust it either.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>