Re: netscape 4.5 crashes (altmailer and mutt)

On Sun, Jan 30, 2000 at 07:23:04PM +0100, J Horacio MG wrote:
> Just compiled altmailer to have mutt as my netscape mailer, and
> the damned thing (netscape navigator 4.5) crashes everytime I
> click on a mailto: url.  Any chance of having this fixed?

I'm running 2.2.13, Netscape 4.7.  I got altmailer and got it to
work with Mutt, no problem.  I did replace the #defines for XTERM
and MAILER in altmail_mutt.c to point to the correct paths (and
to use an actual xterm instead of crxvt), but that's about it.

> Also, the ~/.netscape/preferences.js file cannot be changed
> with vim as a user, but it worked when I changed it as root
> with nvi, is this the way I am supposed to change such a file?

I change preferences.js with vim all the time.  Sounds like you
have a permissions problem on your preferences file.

I found this thread while looking for a way to either use S/MIME
under mutt, or use mutt as Netscape's mailer.  Well, now I can do
the latter, but that's not exactly what I wanted, as it turns
out.  NS just does a fork-and-exec of the xterm with no S/MIME
magic later.

Anybody know how to get mutt to do S/MIME?  Or even, how to get
Netscape to use VIM and still do the S/MIME encrypt?

-- Larry

--
Larry Clapp / hm: larry@theclapp.org
"Argue with your boss if you have to.  A year of uptime is worth