Thank you, Corel, for PPP

The meaning of the Subject is that, of three different distributions of
Linux on my system, only Corel Linux gets me to the Internet.

My pleasure with CL's ease of install, but my frustration with its
nonstandard configuration, led me to buy McCarty's Learning Debian book.
It came with a Debian CD, so I installed it. I have a PPP-sudden-death
syndrome with it that Debian gurus have not yet been able to cure.

A friend sent me a Mandrake CD to try, and the install was very easy.
But when I ran kppp, it said that the kernel did not include PPP
support! I am =positive= that I never told the install anything that
would lead it to think I didn't want to use dialup.

So thank you, Corel, for proving that there's nothing basically wrong
with my system that prevents Debian and Mandrake from giving me access
to the Internet. That gives me hope that some day I may have dialup from
all of my distros.
--
Lane
----