Re[4]: OpenSSH over old nonfree

Adam Shand <larry@alaska.net> wrote:

> ...so ignore me :)

Done! <g>

> i thought there was something else little as well going on but whatever it
> was because very obvious when i killed ssh (/etc/init.d/ssh stop) and tried
> to start it manuall with the -d switch (/usr/sbin/sshd -d).

This last executed with no apparent problem.

What baffles me is that this same package is behaving so differently on two
potato systems. It works fine on the brandy new potato installed from scratch
via ftp just this past week. It's broken on this older install (I think it
goes back to hamm or bo or somebody!) which I have kept in sync with potato
via apt-get, most recently also just last week.

Maybe it's time to look at the libs sshd is linked with, and see what differs
on these two machines.

--
Bob Bernstein
at