Re: Re[2]: OpenSSH over old nonfree

> > i did have this problem and i figured out what was wrong ... and i can't
> > remember what it was ... it was a minor config error.  one thing i had to
> > fix was the path the the sshd_config file in /etc/ssh.
>
> Not sure I follow you here; what path?

during the upgrade /etc/ssh/sshd_config had the wrong path in this line:

HostKey /etc/ssh-nonfree/ssh_host_key

actually now that i think about it, i think it was when i reverted back to
ssh-nonfree ... it was still pointing to /etc/ssh instead of
/etc/ssh-nonfree ... so ignore me :)

i thought there was something else little as well going on but whatever it
was because very obvious when i killed ssh (/etc/init.d/ssh stop) and tried
to start it manuall with the -d switch (/usr/sbin/sshd -d).

adam.