Mustek 1200 LS scanner working in Debian?

Hello,

I've needed to upgrade Win98 to Win2000 Pro yesterday, but a side
effect of that is that my Mustek scanner won't work. Apparently
Mustek has refused to develop drivers for Windows 2000 because
they sell to home users and Windows 2000 is a business OS. My
only hope right now is that I can get this scanner working in Debian
Linux (which Windows2000 has thankfully not ruined), but I'm having
trouble finding good info on scanners and Linux. Isn't there a database
like the one for printers which tries to get nearly all of them listed and
offers info on their current support in Linux (perfect, partial, beta,
paperweight, etc...)? I haven't been able to find any info on my Mustek
12000 LS scanner's support in Linux. I might try the mustek driver
for sane if I can figure out how to setup sane-gimp1.1 (it doesn't have
a manpage).

--
Bart Szyszka  bart@gigabee.com  ICQ:4982727
GigaBee Interactive  http://www.gigabee.com