very close, stumped though... (was moving floppy system to hard drive)

Hello,

Since my last message, I am actually able to boot up, in single
user mode, if I specify "rescue single" at the lilo prompt.  So
I think I am getting closer.  Now I am stumped, df says the root file
system is "/dev/ram" but appears to actually be my 17 Meg hard
disk partition.

I (re)read the Bootdisk-HOWTO, but can't see anything else that is
in the picture that is causing this confusion.  I tried setting the
ramdisk size to 0 and the boot device as /dev/hda7 with both "rdev"
and in the lilo.conf file...

At bootup, init says:

VFS: Mounted toot (ext2 filesystem) readonly
INIT: version 2.76 booting
proc on /proc type proc (rw)

Does anyone have any idea what I am missing to get the root file
system set correctly as /dev/hda7 ?

relevant lilo.conf entries are:

boot=/dev/hda
install=/boot/boot.b