Support for custom designed PCI/PLX9080 card in debian.

Hi All,

I need to add Linux support for custom designed PCI card. The card contains
the PLX9080 PCI bridge, controlling the card's local bus in J mode.
What I need is the access to the memory and I/O registers connected to the
local bus of the card. The possibility of DMA transfers would be also
appreciated.

However the PLX9080 belongs to the unfamous (because of closed specs) I2O
devices.

So my questions are:
1) Is it possible to support the required functions basing on freely available
   info?
2) What functionalities are assured by the Linux PCI driver itself?
   Does it perform the mapping of the PCI card local bus to the CPU's
   memory or I/O address space?
3) Can the required functions be implemented in the "user mode" driver, or
   is it necessary to write the kernel module?
--
			TIA
			Wojciech Zabolotny

Build your free Data Acquisition System:
http://www.ise.pw.edu.pl/~wzab/picadc/picadc.html