Re: using power save and power down features

> > 2) For X I have in the Section "Screen" of /etc/X11/XF86Config the lines
> >
> >         StandbyTime             2
> >         SuspendTime             3
> >         OffTime                 4
> >
> > You might need other/more configuration if you are using a laptop.

Just had a look at my /etc/X11/XF86Config file, looking for those lines
and realized that I have 'Section "Screen"' defined four times:

Section "Screen"
   Driver          "Accel"
   Device          "video"
   Monitor         "monitor"
Section "Screen"
   Driver          "SVGA"
   Device          "Generic VGA"
   Monitor         "monitor"
Section "Screen"
   Driver          "VGA16"
   Device          "Generic VGA"
   Monitor         "monitor"
Section "Screen"
   Driver          "VGA2"
   Device          "Generic VGA"
   Monitor         "monitor"

... and for all four:

   BlankTime       0
   SuspendTime     0
   OffTime         0

... and 'Section "Device"' is defined twice.  In /etc/X11/Xserver I
have: /usr/X11R6/bin/XF86_S3V

Now, is BlankTime = StandbyTime?  As I use xdm, I suppose I would have
to reboot before the changes have effect?  (I just did it but it did not
work):

   BlankTime               2
   SuspendTime             3
   OffTime                 4

One problem I have every now and then with X is that sometimes I exit
(either "exit -> exit" or "exit session -> kill") and instead of showing
xdm's login prompt, the whole thing hangs with a colour striped screen
(can't even go back to console mode),  is this related to my
configuration?

Also, I have ctrl+alt+end configured for powering off (shutdown with apm
enabled), and that works from the console;  how could I enable a similar
thing from X?

Please, Cc: me, thanks.

--
Horacio					Anno MMDCCLIII aUC