Re: Gimp Stable

On Fri, 18 Feb 2000, Ioa Petra wrote:

> This may be something that is already addressed, if so direct me to the
> archives. I did not see it at any rate. My question is this, with a
> stable version of Gimp 1.2 getting pretty close is there any chance that
> it would be inserted into potato at the last minute despite the freeze?
> The reason I would ask for such an except is because 1.0.4, the current
> potato stable is so -drastically- out of date. Seeing as how Gimp is one
> of the major apps in the Linux community it seems it would be good to
> make an exception in its case. I realize that the 1.1 series is included
> with potato, but some people may not even know that is there.

Hi Ioa,

there should be no big problem in mixing a woody gimp1.2 (when it is
released and packed for debian) with a potato system. Installing potato
debs on a slink box is much more difficult since potato was linked agains
glibc2.1 whereas slink against glibc2.0, and glibc is a quiet esential
library.

Martin

--
This is Linux Country.