Re: Sendmail issue after upgrade Debain 2.0 -> 2.1

On Fri, Feb 18, 2000 at 00:40:43 +0100, Erik van der Meulen wrote:

> I have a UUCP mail configuration which has worked fine with sendmail
> 8.8.8-20. Now I have upgraded to 8.9.3-3 and did my best to reconfigure.
> I receive mail just fine. If I send mail from the console using Mutt it
> works fine (like this one), but is I use an client for smtp it never
> gets out.

I have figured this out myself with a good deal of help on
www.senmail.org
The solution can be found in the feature(`promiscuous_relay')
This sounds rather awful, but makes sendmail behave as before the 8.9
release.

Regards.

--
  Erik van der Meulen <erik@avondel.xs4all.nl>