Re: removed libc6, how to recover

On Thu, Feb 17, 2000 at 11:52:44 -0800, Michael Kevin O'Brien wrote:
> How does one boot from the rescue disk? I stick the rescue disk in the
> drive, turn on the machine. At the rescue prompt:
>
>     I'm unable to switch to vc2.
>
>     rescue root=/dev/fd0 (w/ rescue floppy still in drive)
>         does some work; get to a "VFS: Insert root floppy and press ENTER"

Have you tried just pressing enter, as with the initial install?

> So, is there a way to actually get to a login shell using only the rescue
> disk???

If you follow the process for initial installation up to the point of
getting the main menu (with the partition etc. options), VC 2 should be able
to give you a shell.

HTH,
Ray
--
LEADERSHIP  A form of self-preservation exhibited by people with auto-
destructive imaginations in order to ensure that when it comes to the crunch