Re: PCI BIOS problems

> Would modprobe ne2k-pci io=0x300 irq=11 work when:

For PCI cards (indicated by the fact that you're using the driver
ne2k=pci) you don't need to bother with io= and irq= statements on the
command line.  All that information is read from the PCI configuration
space when the driver loads.

In other words all you need to do is 'modprobe ne2k-pci' to get the driver
to load.

If the ethernet card gets a 255 IRQ, then it's possible that you need to
change the setting that looks something like "PnP OS" (that's how it
appears on my computer) to "None" or "No".  Setting "PnP OS" to "On" or
"Yes" only makes sense with Win95 and it's derivatives.  You can also try
the card in another PCI slot.

> cat /proc/io...
> 0000-001f : dma1
> 0020-003f : pic1
> 0040-005f : timer
> 0060-006f : keyboard
> 0070-007f : rtc
> 0080-008f : dma page reg
> 00a0-00bf : pic2
> 00c0-00df : dma2
> 00f0-00ff : npu
> 0170-0177 : ide1
> 01f0-01f7 : ide0
> 02c0-02df : NE2000
> 02f8-02ff : serial(set)
> 0376-0376 : ide1
> 03c0-03df : vga+
> 03f0-03f5 : floppy
> 03f6-03f6 : ide0
> 03f7-03f7 : floppy DIR
> 03f8-03ff : serial(set)
>
> cat /proc/interrupts
>  0:      16539   timer
>  1:          2   keyboard
>  2:          0   cascade
>  8:          2 + rtc
> 10:        305   NE2000
> 13:          1   math error
> 14:      14481 + ide0
> 15:          0 + ide1

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch@creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein