Re: which 2.2 kernel?

> I was wondering which is the stablest 2.2 kernel curently

2.2.14

> I am never shure if it is the even or uneven numbers ( is it 2.2.13 or
> 2.2.14 ?)

You need to worry about the middle of the three being even - ie 2.0.x and
2.2.x are considered extremely stable; 2.1.x and 2.3.x are considered
'unstable' ie don't trust 'em to work right when you need them.

> I am using kernel 2.2.9 , is it worth the update?

Yes.

> also, by what name does the 2.3 kernels go? are they available under
> debian and is it a new version after potato ( I am a bit out of date ).

Actually the kernel has no relation to a Debian release number.  Consider
the kernel to be just another program available for Debian, and you'll
become much less confused.

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch@creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein